Thursday, May 12, 2016

Student Reflections - Animation #3

J.I.T.
11th Grade
Animation


Photo 1 - The 12 Principles of Animation   


This class was about Animation - How to create Animated sequences using carefully the 12 Principles of Animation. I have learned the 12 Principles of Animation and I have also learned on how to apply them into my animated work. These Principles were unknown to me when I first saw them, and I was amazed to know that every animator has to know how to apply these Principles into their work, because these Principles help to express their creativity through their work. This is my best work overall of what I did in this class, because through this assignment I gained a basic understanding of what It takes to be an Animator. 

Photo 2 - AVP: The Reencounter (Stop-Motion Animation) 


My favorite assignment was making a Stop-Motion Animation work with my classmate [****]. I liked making this project beside with my classmate, mainly because we both put in our creativity and our effort into this work. He brought action figures, and we both created the story of the action that took place in this work. The main things that I enjoyed in making this project possible, one of them was creating a title for this project. I came up with a title and my partner came with another one, by means we both had some disagreements, and eventually we both experimented the problem that sometimes the movie industry has by having disagreements also - Which it was funny. It took a while for me and my partner to finish this project, we also learned that an animator has to have patience in creating an animation work. I was satisfied with the results of our work at the end, even though there were some errors but its part from the development of learning. 

Photo 3 -  Walk Cycle 


The Walk Cycle project is the one that was not my best work. I could have done better if I took more time in it. I considered it not by best by the way I made my Walk Cycle, instead of making it to look natural I made it to look like a Robot Cycle. The day when I was working in this project, my instructor was absent, and I could not ask for help. But I understand that this work doest not have to be perfect, because is part from the development of learning. And I’m still not happy by the way it looks, but at the same time I am happy because I learned my mistake. 

Photo 4 - The Character with Yellow Eyes   





 

Paragraph 4 - Even though I have shown drawings and the script of my idea of this character; I have not shown my Animation movie of this character. I considered it a good work of mine by the way I put effort in creating this character, the way I developed the story, which is my first short story I ever wrote. The drawings that I have shown to my instructor about this character are just sketches of what I’m trying to visualize-the looks of this character with Yellow eyes. My objective was to make this Animation a sentimental one. Maybe this is not the time for this character to go out and be seen by the audience, maybe is for another occasion. 

Conclusion
I learned many things in Animation and those things can be expressed through the word patience. Because patience is what an Animator has to have. Students that are really considering the Animation work field and desire to be part of it, this Animation class has to be taken during their High School years. Through this class, students can gain the basic understanding of what it takes for an Animator to become a great one.They can also gain the meaning of working for the Animation field. If a student really enjoys in using their imagination, and making stories out of Animation sequences, this class can is meant for that student and for those who wish to be part of Animation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment