Monday, May 16, 2016

Student Reflections - Ceramics & Crafts #5

C. S.
10th
Ceramics
Ceramics and crafts is about learning how to work with clay and creating different types of craft. I did not know clay dust can cause silicosis lung fibrosis caused by the inhalation of dust containing silica. Another thing is that kilns are used to fire pottery.
My favorite assignment is the pillow. I liked the pillow because of the end results. I did not like to make is because it took a long process. I think if I had sowed it right it would have turned out much better.
 
I think that the pinch pot was not my best work. I had trouble putting on the legs. I think I could have scored the legs better so that the legs would not fall off. I think if I had taken my time on it I would have turned out right.
I have learned a lot in this class about clay and learning how to make other crafts. I think other students would like this class because it was fun and easy. I think students would like to learn how to make thing out of clay on their own. I think that this class has showed me a lot of things that I did not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment