Thursday, May 12, 2016

Student Reflections - Animation #4

G.V.
10th
Animation

This class is about Animation. In this class we learned about the 12 principles of animation. One thing that I didn’t know was that there are 5 types of Animation.  This 5 types of animation are Traditional , 2D , 3D computer , Motion graphics and Stop motion Animation. In this class I also learned how to work with others and created an awesome Stop Motion clip with my partner, using Play Doh.
Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 2.51.02 PM.png      

My favorite assignment in this class was making a stick figure zombie walk. For this assignment we used a program called “ Stykz” . When I first started on this assignment , I didn’t think it will turn out good. After watching tutorials on youtube , I finally learned how to make this
stick figure walk like a zombie. When i finally finished it turned out to look like a drunk stick figure.



001.001.png






One thing that i had trouble was when I had to create a Walk cycle frame. I was having trouble with the controls and the painting . I finally finished my frame but didn’t save my work so my frame ended up looking messy. Another thing that i had trouble with was when I had to make my own storyboard. The story that I chose was difficult for me to illustrate because I’m not good at drawing cats , when I draw them they turn out to look scary.



[Thaumatrope]

Photo on 5-6-16 at 2.51 PM.jpg

This semester in Animation 1 was fun because we did some interesting stuff such as creating our own stop motion clip. We learned how to use some cool programs such as pencil , stykz , gimp and movie maker. We also learned the 12 principles of animation and 5 types of animation. I would recommend this class to any person that likes cartoons or is artisting. I think others students should take this class to learn how animation works and to have an idea of how their favorite childhood cartoons were created. I think that , what they will get out of this class is some animation experience and see cartoons in a different way .

No comments:

Post a Comment