Friday, May 13, 2016

Student Reflections - Video Game Design #5

A.C.
10th
Video Game Design

My best work from this year

This class was about learning how to create games in GameMaker and Unity, and I’ll be honest it was a lot harder that I thought it would be. I didn’t really know anything going into this, and being my stubborn self I didn’t expect to be asking for help as much as I did. In this class I learned a lot about failing, and how to do it faster, but I also learned that you are never really going to get it right one your first try and that it’s okay if you don’t.
Work from my favorite assignment

My favorite assignment in this class was my maze game, I like it for multiple reasons, I worked really hard on it and surprisingly did really well for not watching any videos. I made a story for it and i put a lot of effort in conveying it, and some levels I put so much time into designing i made them impossible. I really liked this game because it was fun to make, “You had one job” is just a really cool game in my opinion and I really like the finished product.

Work that was not my best

I think I was doomed from the start with this platformer, nothing ever went right. There were many times when I gave up trying to make it work and just started making it pretty. There were always times when i thought everything was going to work and then a new problem came up. I had fun planning out my creepy story, which was really weird for some reason, but i’m not very proud of the way it turned out.

A good piece of work

This class will teach you a lot of lessons you need in life, a few being that you will fail and that it’s okay to fail. This class is not the “easy a” some people might think it is, you have to put in a lot of work. Speaking from experience putting things off to the last day does not make it any easier, trust me you can not make that game work last second. This class is very fun and should be taken if you’re interested in the way games work and how to make them, but be ready to put in some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment