Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Student Reflections - Comic Art #5

G. S.
10th grade
Comic Art

IMG_4970.JPG

My Best Assignment
I believe that my best work in this class was my comic art cover. The cover was reminiscent of a vintage horror poster mixed with modern themes. It was also the first page of my first comic book which was my favorite assignment. The cover art had mccabe color scheme and the face of the haunting villain above the desperate heroine. The background was shown as shattered glass to foreshadow how the main character would have her mind shattered.
IMG_4976.JPG
My Favorite Assignment
Personally my favorite assignment was making my own comic book. I created my own original stories, characters and location. Though I did have an original cast the idea for the comic started out as a homage to classic horror. My favorite character in my comic was the horror villain who had sewn a teddy bear to her face and slowly taunted and killed the 5 teens who were guilty of driving the villain's daughter to suicide. The comic then ended with the heroine,Heather, killing the murderer after all her friends had died, leaving Heather insane.
IMG_4978.JPG
Not My Best Work
My least favorite assignment overall in this class has been the “Black Hand Project”. In this project the class was meant to remake a comic page in each students unique art style. My skills in transferring words to drawing was not very impressive and i did not take enough time laying out the panels. The art was not as detailed as I would’ve liked it to be. I believe given another chance the art would be greatly enhanced.
IMG_4975.JPG
So these are the best and the worst of my time in comic art. Future students should sign up for this class so they can learn the basics of drawing and creating comic books, characters, and stories. In this class you should expect to have a fun with making new friends who are as interested in comics as you are and creating unique and original ideas on paper. This class is great for both beginners and those acquainted with comic art.    

No comments:

Post a Comment