Thursday, May 12, 2016

Student Reflections - Animation #2

S.J.
11th
Animation 1

This class is about using various apps to create animations. I learned about layers and how to do stop motion and other techniques to make a small show. It was rather fun to do the storyboards based off of the opening animation of different shows. The 12 principles of animation also helps in creating the things you wish to do. I highly suggest this class to anyone interested in creating their own shows.




My favorite assignment was the first stop motion project. I feel that was also where I shined the most. It was my favorite because there wasn’t the pressure to make it super big or extravagant so I could let loose. I could make it my own way and make it something I’m interested in. I really enjoyed both making it as well as the finished project.

I had trouble with getting the movements for the body correct. I could have made the stepping motion more realistic by not letting him slide all around. I’m not terribly happy with that. I am happy that I made the head swing loosely as if it wasn’t fully connected though. I could have done quite a bit better.


The class is great for inspired individuals and artists that wish to make their artworks into animated gifs and shows. We’ve shown our best and worst in this room and we have all grown in intelligence and ability. Now we can leave knowing how to do such things and thrive in this class as well as perhaps future careers. Future students shouldn’t fret about lack of knowledge because the teacher will take the time and effort into teaching her students how to do everything recquired. They can thrive in future classes from this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment