Sunday, May 15, 2016

Student Reflections - Video Game Design #16

T. B.
Grade Level: 12
3rd Block Design

The class was very fun. This class was about designing games and special effects. I learned that making video games can be very stressful and that people are expecting you to put out a great product. I made a lot of friends in this class and seen a lot of new faces. I learned of new fine art.


I loved my maze game because i got to fully customize everything. I chose my background and my character. It took me back to the days of the atari and dreamcast. I really worked hard on it also I stayed up for all hours of the night trying to finish it and make a great game. This was my favorite project by far.


My Platformer was an absolute disaster. I could never get my checkpoints to work right. I just didn’t like this project at all it was too technical and specific. At times it  seemed like when i fixed one thing another didn’t come out quite right. I didn’t like this part of class at all


I would absolutely recommend this class for anyone. Video Game Design is a great way to channel your inner geek. In this class you will make a lot of friends and it's taught by a great teacher. I had a lot of fun this semester of high school because of this class. I really hate that i don’t get to take Game design 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment