Thursday, May 12, 2016

Student Reflections - Animation #1

Student B.M.
11th grade
Animation

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 3.00.08 PM.png


This class was about learning the 12 Principles of Animation and applying them to all of our future assignments, even without realizing it. We also had to learn to work with others and get along. In this class we either learned new animating skills or improved on what we already knew. I learned a lot of things I did not know before coming to this class, such as how to animate with Stykz, Pencil, and GIMP. I also learned how to do a stop motion film, thaumatrope, and flip books.


Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 3.18.37 PM.png


My favorite assignment was animating my name. I enjoyed making it, I picked my favorite color for my name. I loved the finish product, I made my name move from side to side. At the beginning I tried a few different ideas but i could not do any that worked or that I liked. In the end, as I was working on this animation, I decided to do what I did in the end.



Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.52.38 AM.png

I had trouble with trying to keep my character straight in the Run Cycle. Instead of running, it looked like the person was jumping. I could have fixed it by moving the character down slightly. I am not happy with my Stop Motion either. I do not think it turned out well, in my opinion. I could not get the girl and a ball to stay flat, so there were shadows visible.


Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 9.13.58 AM.png


Other students should take this class if they are interested in any kind of animated show or just animation in general. They will get out of this experience and knowledge they might not have previously known, even if they do not go on to Animation 2. They will learn things such as the history of Animation, the 12 Principles of Animation, etc. I for one had a great time in this class and even made a few friends. I would recommend this class to anyone who thinks this might be an interesting and fun class.

No comments:

Post a Comment