Monday, May 16, 2016

Student Reflections - Ceramics & Crafts #6

A. S.
10th grade
Ceramics And Crafts 1

This class was about working with clay and working with paper. When we worked on clay we made a pinch pot, coil pot, stamps, animals, and pendants. When we worked on paper we made beads, we used an exacto knife to cut out shapes of paper. I learn a lot in this class like clay is fired in a kiln. I also learned how to weave. So I know I will take ceramics and crafts 2.

This assignment was made with paper beads and clay pendants. This was my favorite
assignment because I like the end results. The beads were easy to make. All I did was roll strips of paper then I glued the end. I also like making it because we made the pendents out of clay. This was my first time working with clay. 


I think this clay pinch pot was not my best work. I think this because my purple glaze was to messy inside. I think if I would have went slower it would have turned out right. I also think my pinch pot is not stable. Because some of the legs are longer than the other. The last think is that the pot its self is not smooth on the outside. I could have smooth it out while I was working on it. I still like the pinch pot but it was not my best work.



So I have shown my best, favorite, and not best work. This class was fun. I would tell people to take this class. I would tell them that you will work with clay and other crafts. I will also tell them that you will have to plan out your work so you will like the end results.

No comments:

Post a Comment