Friday, May 13, 2016

Student Reflections - Animation #9

A.B.
10th
Animation I
Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 2.36.05 PM.png

Animation is a class that could be used for an easy art credit. Is what some people would say. Though, like any other class you actually have to be willing to do the work. A lot of the assignments are quite time-consuming and I'm an impatient person. Most of the work may go into either the process of creating the characters or background or just creating the plot itself rather than creating the actual finishing product. I have learned many different types of animation, what they involve, and the process of creating them.
Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 2.25.35 PM.png

The Stykz program had an easy way of creating characters and objects. Making the transitions between frames was also very simplistic. This was easy to create and the finished product didn’t look as good as I would have liked for it to but still came out okay. I did have to be patient with moving the different joints of the characters though. I had to be slow and precise to make sure that they didn’t move either too much or awkwardly.
Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 2.28.21 PM.png
This animation in particular was difficult. I was new to the Styks program and still wasn't quite sure how to use it. The movements weren’t very smooth and were quite bland. There wasn't much exaggeration in the movements. The movements of the character weren’t very realistic either. Later I created the walk animation which was actually easier because I was more familiar with the program.
Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 2.31.28 PM.png

This class me be pretty difficult when it comes to effort but the finishing product of whatever you create can be satisfying and entertaining. I, being an impatient person and all, had a difficult time with this class. Though all in all it was an entertaining class that helped me with my little knowledge of animations. Animation is an easy credit for those who don’t really need drive to complete something. You may also find yourself enjoying the process of creating an animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment