Monday, May 16, 2016

Student Reflections - Video Game Design #17

A. B.
VGD

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 3.08.37 PM.png
This class was mostly about designing and creating video games. I learned how to use gamemaker and Unity. I got to write a few scripts but less than I wanted to.Most of the time it took a lot of problem solving to get the game to do what you wanted it to do. I made a lot of new friends and am sad I won’t be able to take VGD II.


Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 3.09.17 PM.png

Roller Madness was definitely my favorite game we made. The use of particles and explosions really made the game fun. Learning to use prefabs made making other games a lot easier.
The enemy spawner that we used was a new concept we learned and was really cool. It was also the easiest assignment because all we had to do was watch the videos and follow along.

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 3.06.45 PM.png

This was our platformer game and was obviously not my best work. I procrastinated heavily on this game and only got a line of sand done when you told us it was due that day. I really should've planned ahead and got started sooner. I’m not happy with the way that my player looks and the fact that I did not get finished. I wish i had done better because my grade would have been a lot higher.


Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 3.05.37 PM.png


Overall this class is really fun and expands your creative process. I would recommend this to any student who thinks about making games for a living because it really gives you an opportunity to realize if you like it or not. For this being a pretty new class Ms. Bachuss really understands the programs that we use and can help us a lot more than I thought she would be able to. There is no reason to turn down an excuse to get a free macbook air for the whole semester either. I met a lot of new friends in this class. Walking in the door i know knew 5 out of the entire class.

No comments:

Post a Comment