Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Student Reflections - Ceramics & Crafts #10

D. T.
10th Grade
4th block

photo1.jpg

The Class is Ceramics, It is about creating Crafting and Art. I learned a lot being in this class, it showed me and i learned how to create the items i never knew how to make and things i always thought i could never do. I never knew how to make a dreamcatcher, pillow, tile, basket, or pinchpot. I never knew what some of those are, i've always thought it was just factory created. Up above is a tile that i've made, it's pretty much the best work i've made this year, i just wish i've made it a little bit darker instead lighter.

photo2.jpg

The Pillow is so far my favorite assignment, reason why is because i sat in class for 2 weeks working on it. While I was in the progress of making it I ran into some problems and complications
Making it. It was fun making it and fixing the errors I made while I was making the pillow. I liked it once i finished it, only problem is I wanted it to be like a normal sized pillow instead of half. But I know i will do this again someday, hopefully.

photo3.jpg

The pot wasn't my best I made during this school year because I ran into some Complications while creating it. The Reasons are because I made it uneven, some of it's parts was dry due to my hands absorbing the water in the clay. I kept on getting the legs uneven with each other, and at least 2 of the legs wouldn't stay on because i never even applied it on right. But it came out ok after it got fired in the kelm, but next time i will try to work harder and better so i can improve my skill in Crafting items.

photo4.jpg

There is a reason why other students should take this class. Because If they took this class, they will love it and they can create anything once they completed their work. It'll also allow them to share their creative potential, and the things we created this year, they will do better. Also, everything that is done in ceramics they can do later on in the future so they can create this stuff out of resources found. They will learn how to do a lot of stuff that they will be able to get money off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment