Monday, May 16, 2016

Student Reflections - Ceramics & Crafts II #1

M. B.
12th grade
Ceramics 2
Inline image 1Inline image 2

Ceramics 2 is a class of creativity, imagination, craftmanship, and patience but most importantly enjoyment. I learned how to throw on the wheel and make pieces with clay on the wheel. How to make a pot by coiling clay and smoothinhg it out to glazing pieces. Ceramics has taught me so many things to embroidy, to somewhat stained glass, pottery, and so many things more.We learned that the native Americans believed dream catchers caught bad dreams and it had nothing to do with religion. This was a really interesting class even when working with others and sharing materials.
Inline image 3Inline image 4
I like this pot because i got it just right on my first try on the wheel in less than 20 minutes. It did not give me any trouble and i loved how it turned out. The design on the side turned out looking great along with the colors. 
Inline image 5Inline image 6
This plate was not my best job i did not like the fact that it came out crooked to the side. I could have been a better job if i had got my hand more sturdy so i would not had move as much. My craftsmanship could have been much better. It was not my best but it was not the baddest it could have been better. I had trouble trying to get the plate even on all sides as which you can tell i did not accomplish it.
Inline image 9
Ceramics is stress free class and i would totally recommend it to others. You learned so many things that you would thing it is difficult to do but in reality is not but just time consuming. It rally a fun class where u learn fun, interesting things that u can learn and do in your free time. Yes some things are difficult and take time but u have fun learning new things. You learn to work with others and sharing equipment and you learn new things in tht class and from others.
Inline image 10
Inline image 11

No comments:

Post a Comment